Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Suffering...

and you thought it was only for cyclists... after last week, the chicken pox has now made it through all five of the wee ones... The three "middle" boys got to forego the first full week of school so as to not contaminate the others. This is fun for about a day or two....for all involved. These pictures are taken on day 4, I believe, when cabin fever set in, fevers and head throbbing were down and energy levels were back up... I can't even tell you how long it took me to get them to behave long enough for these three pictures. Chicken pox on a 14 and 12 year old are not fun AT ALL. Apparently, the older the kid, the more miserable the break-out and the other misery (for us) followed suit... more whining, gnashing of teeth and fighting with other siblings... glad that week is behind us and all are back at school as of today. I told them they would get their fifteen minutes....so ta-da! Notice the oldest (but not the biggest) doing all he can to still flex his abdominal muscles while sitting down.... ha ha ha! At least he's learning early the importance of a svelte physique... oh and yes, I do feed them, I swear, this is what American children that don't have television and will still play outside on occasion look like!


2 comments:

  1. What? No TV and forcing them outside, like in the weather and everything. I'm calling children's services right now and turning you in. It's practically medieval like waaay back when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The horror of it all! Sometimes when they are extra naughty at bed time... I even send them outside and "make" them race down the street to the stop sign and back.... it only takes a few laps until the are suddenly extremely tired and begging to go to bed! :) It's one of my favorite remedies..and it's been a few months since I've done it...maybe it will be on tonights "punishment" list!

    ReplyDelete